Follow these steps to enable the Windows ReadyBoost™ feature.
IMPORTANT: This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
- Connect and install the storage device as per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Click on the Start button, and then click Computer.
NOTE: Locate the Removable Disk or Flash Memory drive on which you would like to setup the Windows ReadyBoost feature.
- In the Computer window, click to select the Removable Disk or Flash memory drive.
- On the toolbar, click the Properties button.
- In the Properties window, click the ReadyBoost tab.
NOTE: If the Readyboost tab is not available, the storage device does not support this feature.
- On the Readyboost tab, click to select Use this device.
- Under Use this device, use the slider bar to choose the amount of memory to be used by the Windows Readyboost feature.
- Click the OK button.
- Close the Computer window.