Keyboard Receiver Firmware Update version 1.89 or later is required.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility installs an updated version of the VAIO® Control Center software and provides improved touchpad gesture functions.
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 8 64-bit
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- 6.4.9 / 6.4.9.xxxxx
- 18.16 MB
Before You Start
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the computer from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the computer to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the EP0000605001.exe file to a temporary or download directory on your computer, and make note of this directory for reference.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000605001.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the User Account Control screen, click Yes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- At the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Small Module screen, click Next.
- At the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen, click Finish.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed:
- In Windows Explorer, browse to and double click the (C:) drive icon.
- In the (C:) window, double-click ProgramFiles.
- Under ProgramFiles, scoll to and double-click the Sony folder.
- In the Sony folder double-click the VAIO Control Center folder.
- In the VAIO Control Center folder, double-click the Version.txt file.
- If the version is 6.4.9 or greater, the update was successful.
- If the version is less than 6.4.9, download and install the update again.