How to determine the BIOS version.
IMPORTANT: This solution only applies to computers that came with the Windows® 8 operating system pre-installed. If you upgraded to Windows 8, follow this solution .
Follow the steps below to locate the computer system BIOS version:
- With the computer powered on and at the Windows User Interface (UI) Start screen, press the Assist button on the computer to launch the VAIO Care™ application.
NOTE: The location of the Assist button will be different depending on the computer model. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer for the exact location. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Click on About Your VAIO.
- Click System Information.
NOTE: Press the Assist button when the computer is on to launch VAIO Care, then follow the above steps 1-3.
The BIOS information can also be accessed another way:
- Make sure the computer is off.
- Press the Assist button.
- Press the F2 key to enter the BIOS.
- The BIOS Version will be on the Main tab at the top of the screen.