IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
You can control your Android TV™ and cable or satellite box (set-top box) with the TV remote control by connecting the infrared (IR) Blaster cable included with the TV. Additionally, Google TV™ models and some Android TV models allow control without an IR Blaster, utilizing IR control from the remote.
Before you start
- This feature will not be compatible with all set-top boxes.
- Some TVs are able to control the set-top box without an IR Blaster cable connected. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Determine if you have a USB type or Plug type IR Blaster cable.
Note: Depending on your TV, the IR Blaster cable may have one IR Blaster head.
- The Initial Setup screen will appear when the TV is set up for the first time or after a factory data reset has been completed.
- The Settings menu of the TV can be used to set up the IR Blaster anytime after initial setup or if a previously working IR Blaster needs to be reset.