Play Ultra HD content on Prime Video
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below to play Ultra HD (UHD) content on the Amazon Prime Video™ app:
- From the Home page of the Prime Video app, select a category:
- Select an original movie title under Original Movies in Ultra HD.
- Select a movie title under 4K Ultra HD Movies.
- Select a video title under 4K Ultra HD TV.
Generally, the content will start off at the HDR HD 1080p movie format until the adaptive streaming switches to full UHD format depending on your network speed. This process can take a few minutes. On a slow connection, the switch to UHD may never occur or will drop the resolution to prevent video buffering.
- When content is playing in the UHD format, an HDR Ultra HD format indicator displays on the screen when you press the center button on the remote control.
- Amazon recommends a high-speed internet connection of at least 15 Mbps to watch videos in Ultra HD.