Before you start
- This article only applies to certain countries and languages. Please check the supported countries, regions, and languages for the Google Assistant for details.
- Make sure to download the latest firmware update for your TV.
What is Google Assistant?
Meet your Google Assistant: it’s your own personal Google, always ready to help, and is now available on Android TV™ and Google TV™ devices. With Google Assistant built-in, you can ask your Google Assistant to check the score of your favorite team, control your TV, dim the lights, and more - using just your voice.
To learn more about what Google Assistant can do, you can ask it "What can you do?", read how to use Google Assistant on Android TV, or watch the video.
- A supported Android TV or Google TV
- A compatible remote control with a MIC button
- Any compatible Google Assistant smart speakers
- A mobile device with installed Google Home app
- Google™ account (if you use the full function)
- An active internet connection
How does it work?
- Press the MIC or Google Assistant button on your TV remote control or select the voice icon on the Home menu
- Say your voice command or query.
What functions can Google Assistant control?
For details, read what you can ask your Google Assistant on Android TV.