The Screen mirroring function is one method to display a mobile device's screen on the TV to view photos, videos, or websites. The function uses Miracast® technology to display the screen of a compatible device on the TV without a wireless router.
Note: The video quality may be degraded if environmental interference is present.
Topics in this article
- Mirror Apple® device displays to your TV
- Compatible devices
- Alternative methods
- How to use the function
To display the screen of an Apple device such as iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod®, on your TV or Mac® computer, refer to the Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac article for step-by-step instructions, or skip to the Alternative methods section.
- Certain Bravia TVs released between 2013 and 2020
Note: Google TVs and Android TVs after 2020 do not support the function. For details, check the Applicable Products and Categories of This Article section or Help Guide of your TV.
- Miracast-compatible devices such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer
Note: For details on the specification of your device, refer to the manual or contact the support of the device.
If the TV or device doesn't support the Screen mirroring function, refer to the Tips on how to wirelessly display phone and tablet content on your TV using casting, AirPlay, screen mirroring, or Wi-Fi Direct article for an alternative method.
To connect your device to the TV
- On the TV remote control, press the INPUT button, select Screen mirroring, then press the Enter button. The TV will go into standby and wait for a connection from a mobile device.
Note: When the Screen mirroring standby screen is displayed, the wireless connection between the TV and your wireless router (access point) is disconnected.
- Connect your Screen mirroring compatible mobile device to the TV.
The instructions use Xperia (Android™ OS) as an example:
- Tap Settings.
- Select Device connection or Connected devices.
- Select Screen mirroring, Smart View, or similar.
- Depending on your device:
- On the Screen mirroring display of your device, tap Start → select OK → Tap the name of your TV.
- For Smart View, select the TV you want to connect → Start now.
- The screen mirroring feature should be active and mirror the device display to the TV.
- Connectivity with all Miracast-compatible devices is not guaranteed.
- The 5GHz band may not be supported depending on your TV model.
- The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
To list connected devices/deregister devices
For Android TVs
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Select Show device list/Delete.
For other TVs
When the Screen mirroring standby screen is displayed, press the OPTIONS button, then select Show Device List / Delete.
- To deregister a device, select the device in the list to delete, then press the Enter button. Then, select Yes in the confirmation display.
- To deregister all devices, press the OPTIONS button in the list, select Delete All, then Yes in the confirmation display.
- Icons on the left of the list show the following.
- (check icon): Connected devices
- (display icon): Screen mirroring compatible devices
- For more details, refer to the TV manual.
If the screen mirroring function doesn't work, refer to the article The Wi-Fi Direct or Screen Mirroring function doesn't work.
* Apple, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.