Yes, a downloaded app could cause some unexpected issues while using your Android TV™ device. To determine if the app is causing the issue, enter Safe mode to temporarily disable third party apps, then check if the issue still occurs.
If you confirm that the downloaded app causes the issue, try the following:
- Update the app to the latest version.
- Perform Clear data
- On the supplied TV remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings or the icon.
- Under TV category, select Apps.
- Select Running app or System app, then choose the app with problems.
- Select Clear data.
- Select OK.
- You may contact the developer through their web page or e-mail address listed under FULL DESCRIPTION of the app.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Apps or the icon.
- Select Google Play Store.
- Select My Apps.
- Choose the app, then select FULL DESCRIPTION.
- Consider uninstalling the app.
- Make sure to update your TV to the latest software version.