Wireless network or access point connection using Windows 10
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This information provides steps to help set up a wireless connection on your VAIO® computer with the Microsoft® Windows® 10 operating system.
- If your computer has a physical wireless switch, make sure it's turned on.
Note: Not all computers have an external wireless switch. If your not sure, check your computer specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Click the windows Start icon, and then click Settings (sprocket icon).
Note: Pressing the Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the SETTINGS screen, click the Network & Internet icon.
- In the NETWORK & INTERNET screen, with Wi-Fi selected, click to change the Wi-Fi slider to On.
- Below the Wi-Fi slider, click to select the wireless network you wish to use, click to select Connect automatically (if desired), and then click the Connect button.
- If prompted, you'll need to enter the appropriate passkey to access the selected network. If you do not know the appropriate passkey you will not be able to connect.
- To view the wireless device manufacturer and driver information, click Advanced options.
If you wish to use the Wi-Fi Sense feature, click Manage WI-FI Settings to access the Wi-Fi Sense feature. The Wi-Fi Sense feature allows you to connect to suggested Wi-Fi hotspots and networks that your contacts share with you.
- By using the Wi-Fi Sense feature you agree that it can use your location.
- Not all Wi-Fi hotspots or networks are secure. Make sure to take all necessary security precautions before connecting to any network or hotspot.