The Amazon Alexa™ app runs on Alexa-enabled devices. It is voice-driven which allows you to control functions on your Android TV™ device, such as turn on or off, change channels, control volume, and more.
Additional information is available on support for Amazon Echo.
Before you start
You will need the following to control your Android TV with Alexa-enabled devices:
- An Android TV supporting TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app.
- This app will automatically install on supported Android TVs and will appear in the Apps section.
- If you can't find this app in the Apps section, your TV doesn't support this feature.
- An Alexa-enabled device.
- The Google Home™ speaker isn't supported.
- A mobile device running on either Amazon® Fire™ OS 3.0 and higher, Android™ 5.0 and higher, or iOS™ 9.0 and higher.
- An Amazon account.
- A Google™ account.
- Make sure to use the same Google account on your TV and on your mobile device.
- A home network with Wi-Fi® capabilities (Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks.
- Doesn't support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Supported TV functions
This app supports the following TV functions and commands:
- Use the supplied IR Blaster to allow this feature to work with your set-top box.
- Details on how to setup the IR Blaster.