TV doesn't recognize the mobile device connected through USB Cable
Check the following to resolve the issue:
IMPORTANT: This article is for Xperia® smartphones, and not all smartphones are supported via the USB connection.
- Make sure to install the latest software update on the TV.
- The USB cable should be connected securely to your TV and mobile device.
- Check whether the USB cable supports data transfers. Don't use USB cables that are only exclusive for charging.
- If the mobile device uses Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), change the settings on your mobile device to Mass Storage Class (MSC).
- You can use Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) depending on the TV model.
- For the specifications and setting methods of your mobile device, refer to the supplied manual.
To operate the MSC connection setting on an Xperia™ Z3:
- From the Home screen, select Settings.
- Select Xperia Connectivity.
- From the USB Connectivity category, select USB connection mode.
- Select Mass storage mode (MSC).
Note: If it still doesn't recognize the mobile device, it's possible that the internal memory doesn't support MSC. Transfer the data (pictures, etc.) to an SD card or other type of removable memory.
- If the issue still occurs, try another connection method. Refer to the Mirror, cast, or display the content or screen of a mobile device on the TV screen article.