IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
- Bluetooth® devices such as smartphones, tablets, computers, headphones, and speakers may interfere with the pairing process.
- Move Bluetooth devices away from the TV to avoid interference.
- If you have another Android TV™ device in your home, make sure that that TV is turned off before you start the pairing process.
- There are two types of remote controls mentioned in this article, the touchpad remote control (A), and the IR remote control (B) that supports voice recognition.
Troubleshooting steps before pairing the remote control
- Remove the batteries from the remote control and reinsert them.
- Follow the Touchpad Remote control pairing procedure in the next section.
Pair the touchpad remote control
The touchpad remote control can be paired with the TV using the IR remote control or the INPUT button on the back of the TV. Select the method you prefer to use and follow the instructions provided to pair the touchpad remote.
Enable the voice remote control feature of the IR remote
Follow these steps to activate the Voice Remote Control function of the IR remote.
- Turn the TV on.
- On the supplied IR remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Follow the steps according to your TV menu.
- Select Remotes & Accessories → Remote control → Activate the MIC button (or Connect via Bluetooth).
- Select Voice Remote Control or Remote control → Activate (MIC) button or Connect via Bluetooth.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.