On-screen keyboard is missing or doesn't appear on my Android TV
Make sure that the Google Play™ Store app has the latest updates. To keep your apps up-to-date, select Auto-update apps at any time in the app settings.
- On the supplied remote control, press HOME.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Apps → Google Play Store → Settings → Auto-update apps → Auto-update apps at any time.
- Select Google Play Store → Settings → Auto-update apps → Auto-update apps at any time.
- Check if the on-screen keyboard appears. If the issue still occurs, proceed to Step 4.
- Remove all devices connected to the TV's USB ports, including wireless mouse adapters, to eliminate any possiblity of those devices being incorrectly recognized as a keyboard.
- Perform a restart or power reset on the TV