- Check if your model has the Auto Standby function.
Note: The Auto Standby function can't be turned off on the HT-CT80. However, if your soundbar is connected to a Set-top (cable/satellite) box or a TV, try the following:
- If Auto Standby is activated, the soundbar will turns itself off or enter standby mode automatically after aproximately 15 minutes to reduce power consumption of the device.
- Some models have the capability to turn off this function. Check your product manual for more details.
- If a cable/satellite box is connected: Set the volume level of the cable/satellite box to maximum level and then adjust the volume on the soundbar.
- If a TV is connected: Set the audio output to external from the TV sound settings. If this function is not available, increase the volume level of the TV.
- Check the HDMI CEC settings. If the soundbar turns off automatically when the TV turns off, this feature may be activated.
- For soundbars, check the Control for HDMI function.
- For TVs, check the BRAVIA sync function or similar settings related to the HDMI CEC function. For more details, check your TV
- If the issue still occurs, the soundbar may have a temporary malfunction.
If the issue still occurs after following the steps above and you verified that the soundbar is properly connected to the TV, the soundbar may need repair. Go to Product Repair.