There are various factors that may prevent the software update from completing and a stable high-speed internet connection is required to download the update. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue and attempt to perform the software update after each step.
1. Perform a power reset or restart of the TV.
2. Troubleshoot the network connection.
- If you need to determine your TV model type, refer to the How to check if your BRAVIA™ TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV article.
- Confirm the network status of the television. For details, refer to the Performing a Network Diagnosis section in either of the following articles:
3. Use a USB flash drive to install the update.
For certain TVs released in 2019 or before, the Automatic software download setting will allow the TV to automatically download new updates while in standby mode. If your TV has the Automatic software download setting, try turning the setting to On. For details on how to turn on the Automatic software download setting, refer to the following: