- The sample connection below is performed using the third generation Chromecast™
- Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra require a TV with an HDMI® port, a Wi-Fi® network and a compatible (Android, iOS, Windows or Mac OS) computer or mobile device
- The availability and performance of features and services depends on the application, device, network and location. Visit the Chromecast Help Centre more information.
- Subscription(s) are required to access certain content. Casting optimised for selected services only. Available services and content will vary by country. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.
- Performance of certain Chromecast features, services and applications depends on the device that you use with Chromecast and your Internet connection.
- Chromecast works with Cast-enabled apps. Check list of compatible apps and partners.
Making a Connection
- HDMI cable
- Connect your casting device into your TV, then connect the USB power cable to your Chromecast. Then either plug the other end of the USB power cable into an open USB port on your TV or into the included power adapter which you will then plug into a power outlet.
Note: Make sure to use the supplied AC adapter.
- Make sure the the Chromecast device and the mobile device are connected to the same network.
- On your mobile device, download the Google Home™ app.
- Follow these steps tp setup Chromecast.
- Cast content. Learn how to cast from Chrome to your TV or cast from Chromecast-enabled apps to your TV.
Please use an authorised HDMI cable bearing the HDMI logo.
- After making a connection, turn on the TV.
- Press the (Input) button repeatedly to select the input to the connected streaming device.
- To know more about Chromecast and troubleshooting, visit the Official Chromecast web site