IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
- Some service providers and newer BRAVIA™ models allow set-top box control without connecting the optional IR blaster. Refer to your TV Help Guide for these setup instructions. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Refer to the Set up infrared (IR) remote control for your Android TV or Google TV and set-top box article for more detailed setup instructions if using an IR blaster.
- Sony can't guarantee compatibility with all third-party set-top devices.
If you have set up your set-top box and can't access power on/off features, follow these additional steps for legacy Android TV models:
- On the supplied remote control, press the ACTION MENU button.
- Select Menu.
- Select Power (STB).
The set-top box will turn off. Follow the same steps to turn on the set-top box with the TV's remote control through IR Blaster function.
- Some cable boxes will turn on and off with the TV's remote. However, some don't. This is a compatibility issue.
- The images show additional controls that may be available under Media Controls and Shortcuts, respectively.