My Android TV displays a black screen after a software update
For some KDL-50W800C 2K Android TV™ models and some 4K Android TVs, a black screen may display after receiving a software update.
To resolve the issue, follow the steps below to reinstall the software update using a USB flash drive:
- On your computer, download the latest software update for your TV. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Transfer the update file to a USB storage device.
- You may need to format the USB storage device to FAT32 file system.
- Unplug the TV from the wall outlet.
- Insert the USB storage device into the USB port of the TV.
- Plug the TV back into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the TV to start downloading the update from the USB storage device.
WARNING! There is a risk of hardware damage. During the installation of the update, don't press any buttons, turn off the TV, or unplug it from the wall outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware update may cause the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
You may experience the following symptoms if the power supply is cut while performing a software update:
- The SONY logo appears and then shows a black screen.
- Spinning dots will appear and then shows a black screen.
- Then the Android logo appears and then shows a black screen.
- The volume bar appears if the volume plus or minus button is pressed and then shows a black screen.
- The Daydream mode appears if the TV is left for 30 minutes without any activity.
If you experience any of these symptoms, go back to step 1.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the update process.
- The TV should work normally after completing the update process.