To make sure you get the most out of your Android TV™ or Google TV™, you should always keep the TV up to date with the latest firmware and software updates. Updates for your TV can include enhancements, new features, and applications, as well as bug fixes and feature improvements.
Downloading updates through the internet directly
To check if a system firmware update is available, follow these steps:
- Press the HELP button on your remote control.
- In the Help menu, select System software update.
- Select Check for a system software update or Software update.
- If an update is available for download, follow the instructions on the screen and perform the update on your TV.
Updating using a USB flash drive
- Type your TV model name in the search box of the Sony support website home page.
If you don't know what your model number is, please check the sticker at the lower left corner of your TV's back panel.
- Navigate to the Software & Downloads section and select the Firmware download button.
- Follow the instructions on the website to download the update to a USB flash drive, and perform the update on your TV.
For details, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
If no software update is found, proceed to the next step.
Is the problem resolved?