Before you start
- This article only applies to certain countries and languages. Please check the supported countries, regions, and languages for the Google Assistant for details.
- Make sure to download the latest firmware update for your TV.
What is the Google Assistant?
Meet your Google Assistant: it’s your own personal Google, always ready to help, and is now available on Android TV™ devices. With the Google Assistant built-in, you can ask your Google Assistant to check the score of your favorite team, control your TV, dim the lights, and more - using just your voice.
To learn more about what the Google Assistant can do, you can ask it "What can you do?" , read how to use the Google Assistant on Android TV, or watch the video.
- A supported Android TV
- A compatible remote control with a MIC button
- Any compatible Google Assistant smart speakers
- A mobile device with installed Google Home app
- Google™ account (if you use the full function)
- An active internet connection
How does it work?
- Press the MIC button on your TV remote control or select the voice icon on the Home menu
- Say your voice command or query.
What functions can the Google Assistant control?
For details, read what you can ask your Google Assistant on Android TV.
*Google and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.