My TV doesn't turn on or have power
Several conditions may cause a power issue that prevents your TV from turning on. If you experience power fluctuations, such as brownouts, blackouts, or temporary power loss, these conditions should be resolved before troubleshooting the TV.
If you have the KDLxx-W6xxD series, and the green light is on steady, continue with the following troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure the AC power cord is securely connected to a working wall outlet.
- Verify the outlet is working by connecting and checking another device. Otherwise, connect the TV to a different know working outlet.
- If plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug the power cord and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the TV turns on, the issue is with the power strip or surge protector.
- Make sure the power cord is securely connected to the back of the TV.
Skip this step if the power cord on the TV isn't removable.
- Where applicable, make sure that the ENERGY SAVING SWITCH is On. An energy saving switch is not available on all TV models.
- Try turning on the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV, then try turning on the TV by pressing the POWER button on the supplied remote control.
- If the TV turns on and off using the POWER button on the TV but doesn't respond to the remote control, troubleshoot the remote control.
- If the TV still fails to turn on, continue troubleshooting.
- Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Disconnect all external devices connected to the TV.
- Turn on the TV.
If the issue still occurs after following the above instructions, repair may be required.  Go to Product Repair.