This article provides information specifically for internet connection issues with your TV even though the results of your network diagnosis all show OK.
When the connection results of your TV network diagnosis display OK for both the network and the internet connections, this indicates that your TV is working properly and that the likely cause is by other factors, including a slow or weak internet connection, modem/router problems, streaming service performance, or ISP (internet service provider) issues.
Check the article Connect the TV to the internet and troubleshoot problems for additional information, or perform the network diagnosis on your TV for specific results.
Information is available if you need to perform the network diagnosis on your TV, select your model type to view the article:
This information and steps are provided to help you determine the cause and a possible resolution to this issue:
Wi-Fi® Signal strength and interference
When using Wi-Fi, the distance of the router to your device is another factor to consider. To maximize your viewing experience when streaming video or listening from an audio app, make sure that the router is placed near your device. They shouldn't be more than 25 feet away from each other. If possible, install both devices in a location without walls in between them. Other wireless devices such as Bluetooth® speakers, wireless phones, microwave ovens, and devices sending radio frequency may also cause poor signal strength.
For additional information and suggestions, review the tips to maximize network and internet performance in your home.
Power reset your modem/router
Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset. If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
- Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and ensure it's turned on.
- Wait until the device is finished making its connection to the internet and your network.
- Check your TV for the internet connection issues you were experiencing. If you're still experiencing issues, perform the network diagnosis.
Use these additional steps if you continue to experience an internet issue after performing a power reset of your modem/router:
Determine if the internet connection issue occurs with more than one app or streaming service.
- The streaming service may be experiencing network issues. If the issue is related to a particular app or service, try the service again at a later time, or contact that service for support and to see if they are experiencing any issues.
- Your internet connection may not meet the requirements for certain apps and streaming services. Check the internet requirements for your apps and streaming services, then verify that the internet service you are receiving meets those requirements.
- Check the article Internet streaming videos stop, pause, or buffer during playback for additional information.
- Check the internet connection performance using another device (computer, tablet, smartphone, game console).
- If your other devices also experience internet performance issues, contact your internet service provider for additional support.
- If multiple devices are beings used on the network, disconnect the other devices and try again.