IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before You Start
- It is necessary to have your Blu-ray Disc™ player correctly connected to a high-speed internet connection in order to use the Update via Internet method.
- If you can't connect your Blu-ray Disc player to an active internet source, use the Update via USB Memory method.
- Connect the Blu-ray Disc player directly to a compatible TV to use the on-screen menu.
- Use the arrows keys on your remote control to navigate the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player.
WARNING!While the update is in progress, don't turn on or off the Blu-ray Disc player, or operate the Blu-ray Disc player or TV. Wait for the software update to complete.
How to Install and Perform Software Update
- On your remote control, press the HOME button.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote control to select Setup.
- Select Software Update.
- Select the software update method you want to use.
- Update via Internet method is recommended when the Blu-ray Disc player is connected to the internet.
- Update via USB Memory method is used when an internet connection is not available.
- The software update file must be downloaded first using a computer, and saved to a compatible USB device before performing the Update via USB Memory method.
- Once the update is complete, the Blu-ray Disc player automatically powers off. Press the Power button to power on the unit.