IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This error may appear for several reasons, including loss of internet signal, unstable or slow internet speed, internet video apps not showing, and apps suddenly disappearing while watching an internet video service. Because each procedure represents a possible solution, check the status of the issue after completing each procedure.
Reset devices and refresh internet content
- Power reset your modem/router
Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset. If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
- Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and make sure it's turned on.
- Wait until the device is finished making it's connection to the internet and your network.
- Signal strength and interference
When using Wi-Fi®, the distance of the router to your device is another factor to consider. To maximize your viewing experience when streaming video or listening from an audio app, make sure that the router is placed near your device. They shouldn't be more than 25 feet away from each other. If possible, install both devices in a location without walls in between them. Other wireless devices such Bluetooth® speakers, wireless phones, microwave ovens, and devices sending radio frequency may also cause poor signal strength.
For additional information and suggestions, review the tips to maximize network and internet performance in your home.
- Power reset your TV
- Turn off the TV.
- Unplug the power cable to your TV and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your TV and turned it on.
- Refresh internet content
Note: Some devices take multiple attempts (up to three times) to fully refresh.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
The next steps will vary slightly depending on your model. Refer to your device's manual for further details.
- Select either Setup or Network.
- Select Refresh Internet Content.
Because each step represents a possible solution, check the status of the issue after completing each step.
- Perform the network diagnosis on your TV to determine the network and internet status.
- When using a wireless connection, if the signal between the TV and router is weak or unstable, it's recommended to connect to your network using a wired (network cable) connection.
- Make sure the TV has the latest software installed.
- If all other efforts fail to resolve the issue, perform a factory reset to restore the TV to it's original factory settings. Note: After performing a factory reset, user information and settings may be lost, you'll need to re-enter any user changes and settings and then reconnect the TV to your network.