Follow the steps below to use the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature. Not all A/V Receivers or Home Theater systems are supplied with the ARC feature. To see if your product has the ARC feature, check the specifications.
- Make sure that the A/V receiver or Home Theater system supports ARC functionality.
Note: Most devices that support ARC will have one or more HDMI inputs labeled (ARC).
- Make sure that the Internet TV and receiver are connected using an HDMI® cable.
- Connect the cable to the HDMI port that is labeled ARC.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on the receiver or Home Theater system.
Note: The steps required to enable the Control for HDMI feature may vary on the model of the audio receiver or Home Theater system. Check the device operating instructions for model-specific.
- Follow these steps to enable the Control for HDMI setting on the Sony® Internet TV powered by Google®.
- On the keypad remote control, simultaneously press the Fn button and the 1 button to display the Settings menu.
- Select Video Input and press ENTER.
- Select HDMI settings and press ENTER.
- Select Control for HDMI and press ENTER.
- Select ON and press ENTER.