The following are required to play a movie using the Vudu™ app in the Dolby® Digital 5.1 format:
- The movie must be played in either the HD or the HDX format.
- The Internet video device must be connected to an audio system that supports 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound.
- The Internet video device must be connected using either an HDMI® cable or an optical audio cable.
- Based on information found on the Vudu website when playing a movie Dolby Digital 5.1 will appear as Surround Sound on a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound systems.
- Not all sound bars support Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus. If your sound bar does not support Dolby Digital, the sound will be in PCM 2-channel audio or stereo.