This article provides information for mounting your TV to a wall using a wall mount bracket, the screw hole pattern (distance between screw holes), the length of the power cord, and the weight of the TV without the stand.
Before you start
WARNING! There's a risk of damage to your TV if you don't follow the installation instructions correctly. We're not liable for any damages or injury caused by mishandling or improper installation of the wall-mount bracket.
WARNING! If you use substitute items other than the supplied screws, the TV may fall and cause physical injury to someone or damage to the internal parts of the TV.
- For safety and product protection, we recommend that a qualified professional perform the installation of your TV on the wall. The wall must have the strength to withstand four times (six times in some models) the weight of the TV.
- Contact your local retailer or local custom installer to assist with this installation.
- Check the wall-mount installation manual supplied with your TV for more information about the strength of the wall.
Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- For safety reasons, and to make sure the installation is performed correctly, follow the wall-mount bracket instruction manual, the TV Setup Guide, and the instructions in this article.
- We don't guarantee the use of third-party wall mount brackets or screws.
Information about the screws, screw hole patterns, and measurements
When attaching the mount to your TV, use the screws supplied with the wall-mount bracket specified for your TV. Ensure you use the proper size and length of screws specified for your TV. Check the Product dimensions for televisions article for screw hole sizes.
WARNING! If you use screws other than those specifically supplied with the wall mount bracket for your TV, the TV may fall and cause physical injury to someone or damage to the TV.
The wall mount hole pattern on some models may conform to the VESA Mount Standard, but the number and depth of the screw holes do not.
[A] W (width)
[B] H (height)
[C] screw holes
Mounting surface (wall strength)
- The wall where you plan to mount your TV must have the strength to withstand 4 times (6 times in some models) the weight of your TV. Check the manuals on your TV model page for the Wall-Mount Bracket installation information for more details about the required wall strength.
- If the wall strength is insufficient, make sure it's reinforced before installation. If needed, consult a Sony dealer or a licensed contractor for wall reinforcement information.
This chart provides information available for compatible wall-mount brackets, wall-mount hole pattern, length of the power cord, and TV weight without a stand.
Note: Some models come with an AC power adapter. The length of the power cord and the size of the AC power adapter is listed for some models.
Check for the Reference Guide and Wall-Mount Bracket documents for additional information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Select the model year of your TV for model-specific details: