This information provides a basic guideline for using a wireless bridge to connect your internet video device to your network. The wireless bridge devices and setup may vary by manufacturer and device.
Connect a wireless bridge
- Using your computer or tablet, verify that your network and internet connection is set up and active.
Note: For help setting up your network and internet connection, contact your internet service provider (ISP).
- Determine if your network has a wireless connection and is already set up and working with other devices on your network (computer, tablet, or mobile device.)
- If other devices don't work wirelessly, refer to your ISP or network equipment manufacturer for instructions on enabling and setting up wireless access, or you'll need two bridge devices, one for the device and one for your router.
- If your router already has wireless capability, then you only need one bridge device.
- Follow the instructions provided with your wireless bridge to perform the initial configuration with your home network.
Note: This step may vary depending on the brand and model of bridge device being used. For assistance setting up the bridge device, contact the manufacture.
Perform a wired set up
After completing the configuration of the bridge, perform a wired set up from the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media player. The steps for your device may vary, check your device manuals if additional information is needed.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Setup.
- Follow the steps to set up a wired internet connection.