The streaming services on your TV may have changed or require you to perform a Refresh Internet Content procedure. In some cases, the service for that app may have ended. Check the list for service provider changes or perform a Refresh Internet Content procedure.
Before you start
Make sure that the TV is connected to the Internet. If your Internet connection has a problem, app icons may disappear.
Service provider changes:
Support for specific internet services on your device may have been discontinued. Contact each internet service provider to see if support for your device has been discontinued.
Refresh Internet Content:
Note: For Google TV™ and Android TV™ models, skip this step because they don't have a Refresh Internet Content option.
App icons may disappear just after purchase, a TV reset, or if a new service content update is installed.
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
Note: For the models released in and before 2014, skip steps 3 and 4.
- Select Set-up.
- Select Network.
- Select Refresh Internet Content.
Additional troubleshooting steps:
If your issue continues, try these additional steps. After each step, see if the issue is resolved before trying the next step.
- Reset your modem and router:
- Turn off and disconnect power from the devices for 30 seconds or more.
- Reconnect and then turn on the devices to re-establish your internet connection.
- Perform the Refresh Internet Content procedure again.
Note: For Android TVs and Google TVs, skip this step.
- Perform a power reset:
- For Google TV and Android TV: How do I restart or power reset my Android TV or Google TV?
- For other TV models: How do I power reset my LCD / LED or Projection TV?
- Perform a software update to obtain the latest software:
- The channel line-up, apps, or available stations on an Internet video device may unexpectedly change. To avoid issues in which available channels are being skipped, make sure that the latest system software (firmware) update has been installed.
- If the latest software is already installed, No updates available or The Most current update is being used will appear.
- Reset the TV to the original factory settings:
App icons may disappear when the TV is suffering a glitch. Perform a factory reset and initialize the settings:
- For Google TV and Android TV: How to reset the Google TV or Android TV to factory settings
- For other TV models: How to reset the television to the original factory settings
- For TVs other than Google TV or Android TV models: If the TV displays an error code, additional troubleshooting steps may be required.
- For all TV models: Another reason that an Internet video app may disappear or be removed from the menu is if the internet settings change. The internet setting may change for the following reasons:
- The TV is being used in a different country or region from where it was purchased. Internet video apps are region-based and may not work in different countries or regions.
- The network settings, such as the Internet Protocol (IP), can be changed by the Internet Service Provider (ISP). In this case, resetting the network equipment and redoing the network setup from the TV menu may be necessary.
- The ISP was replaced or changed. Even if the network hardware stays the same, reset the network equipment and redo the network setup from the TV menu.