WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All data will be erased from the drive after performing this operation.
- On the desktop, on the menu bar located on top-left portion of the screen, click Go.
- On the Go drop-down menu, click Utilities.
- In the Utilities window, select and click on the Disk Utilities.app icon.
- In the left pane of the Disk Utilities.app window, located just below the drive size, click to select the usb storage device drive.
NOTE: The drive size is listed either in megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB).
- Above the right pane of the usb storage device window, click the Erase tab.
- Next to Volume Format:, click the down arrow tab, and select the desired format.
NOTE: Required file system format for the television upgrade should be in FAT32. If FAT32 is not listed in the file format options, try to use a different computer to format the USB storage device. The update may not be performed if the file system is different or if the folder structure, folder name, or the file inside the folder is modified.
- In the Name: box, enter the desired name.
- Click the Erase button located at the bottom part of the right pane to confirm selected operation.