Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue. Check if you hear sound from the TV speakers after completing each step.
- Check the HDMI® signal format in the TV menu settings. If it is set to Enhanced, change it to Standard.
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will vary depending on your TV menu options:
- Select Watching TV → External Inputs → HDMI signal format → select the appropriate HDMI 1 - 4 → Standard format.
- Select External Inputs → HDMI signal format → select the appropriate HDMI 1 - 4 → Standard format.
- Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the source device (set-top box, Blu-ray Disc™ player, etc.) and the TV.
- Make sure that the you're using the appropriate inputs when you use an HDMI connection that supports the ARC feature .
- Set the TV to the correct video input to receive the signal from the source device.
- Set the audio output setting of the source device to output a compatible audio signal.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input of the TV, and connect the source device to a different TV.
Note: This step determines if the issue is with the source device or the HDMI cable. If the sound is heard on another TV, reconnect the source device to the TV and continue with the steps below.
- Select your TV type to perform a power reset.
- Replace the HDMI cable.
- Perform a factory reset.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.