- Component Video cable
- Composite Audio cable
- After securing the connection, turn on the TV and the BD/DVD player.
- On the supplied remote, press the (Input) button and set the input to the BD/DVD player.
Start playback on the BD/DVD player.
- If you connect a device that is compatible with “Control for Component,” you can control it by simply using the TV’s remote.
- If the device has a DVI jack (socket), connect it to the Component (with AUDIO IN) port through a DVI - Component adaptor interface (not supplied), and connect the device’s audio out jacks (sockets) to Component 2 AUDIO IN or Component 3 AUDIO IN. Port labels varies depending on your model/region/ country.
These are basic troubleshooting steps based on the latest TV models. Refer to your product manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page. If the symptom still persists, contact Product Support.
- No picture appears on the TV screen when I connected to the player using a component cable.
For some 2014 TV models (i.e. KDL-xxWxxxB Series), use the Problem Diagnosis feature to detect symptoms from the input devices.
Press HOME button on the remote → Help → Customer Support → Problem Diagnosis: External Device Symptom.
Check the following:
- Is the component cable connected correctly?
- Is the correct input selected on TV?
- If you mistakenly select a resolution that your TV doesn't support, you can reset it to factory default. In this case, press STOP button on the player for more than ten seconds to reset the video output resolution to the lowest resolution.