- Antenna cable (RF/Coaxial), which carries digital and analog signal to set-top box
- HDMI cable
- Optional - Composite Video cable. Use this connection when you want to view teletext.
- After securing the connection, turn on the TV and the set-top box.
- Press the (Input) button repeatedly to set the input to the set-top box.
- Set the set-top box to your desired channel. Please refer to the instruction manual of the set-top box.
These are basic troubleshooting steps based on the latest TV models. Refer to your product manual for model-specific information.
- Display/picture issue.
- Check if the connection and input settings on your set top box are correct.
- Compare the picture from the set top box with the picture
from the TV or other input devices.
For example, if the set top box (TV OUT) is connected to TV (RF IN) using an RF cable, try to switch the input to TV and compare the picture. If the TV picture has no issue, then the issue is with the set top box. In this case, contact your set top box service provider.
You may also playback a movie from other sources like Bluray players for comparison.
- Some channels are blank.
- Some channel may require subscription. Subscribe to a pay TV service.
- The channel is used only for data (no picture or sound).
- Contact the cable box provider
- Can't view digital channels.
- Verify from a local installer if digital transmissions are provided in your area.
- Upgrade to a higher gain antenna (aerial).
- Not all channels are tuned.
- Try to preset channels manually by configuring the settings in Manual Programme Preset. (Availability of Manual Programme Preset and its options may vary depending on the region/country/situation.)