Before You Start
- TV with a built in digital tuner. If you have a monitor or display without a tuner the auto program feature will not be available.
- A Digital HD antenna or direct cable without a cable box.
Why Do I Have to Auto Program or Scan the channels?
When you first set up your TV, you must take steps to find the digital channels available to you. This process is called scanning, programming or searching for channels.
NOTE: If you have a cable box, DVR, or Satellite Receiver, it is not necessary to scan because all of your available channels are ordered and controlled by the set-top box or DVR.
How To Perform an Auto program
- Using your remote or the buttons on the TV itself, locate the Menu or Home button.
- Use the up, down or left and right buttons to move through the on-screen menu and locate the Set up or Settings menu.
NOTE: All TVs are different in terms of the auto program procedures. The following is a general guide, but the steps or the terminology may be different for your model.
- Select System or Channels.
- Select Program channels, Auto program, or Digital scan
- Press Select, Enter or OK to start the scan.
IMPORTANT: If you believe that certain local channels are not appearing, after doing the scan, try adjusting the placement of your HD antenna and run the auto program again.