Follow the steps below if the NETFLIX button on the supplied remote control does not open the Netflix® app.
Before you start
- Your streaming device must have an active internet connection that meets the Netflix internet connection and speed recommendations.
- Visit the Netflix Help Center for information on the Netflix streaming service and to setup a customer account.
Test for connectivity by pressing the NETFLIX button on the remote after each step.
- Confirm that the supplied remote has functional batteries.
- Setup and check the required internet connection.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if you cannot connect.
- Confirm if another streaming app, such as the YouTube™ app, works.
- If YouTube works, your ISP could be delivering a slower speed than recommended by Netflix. Perform a speed test to test your network speed.
- The internet connection speed can be affected if other devices utilized for online gaming and video streaming are connected at the same time.
- Remove streaming devices from the network as needed to increase internet speed.
- On the internet video device, sign out of your the Netflix account and then sign back in.
- Perform a Refresh Internet Content.
- Refresh Internet Content does not apply to an Android TV™ models.
- For TVs that are not Android TVs, refer to the manual that came with the TV. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- For a Blu-ray Disc™ player, follow these steps to refresh the Internet content.
- Select Setup.
- Select Resetting.
- Select Initialize Personal Information.
- Select OK.
- Perform a power reset on the device.
- Turn the power off.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and leave it unplugged for 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Turn on the device.
- Restart the router/modem.
- Turn off and unplug the device.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Plug the device back in and power on.