Before you start
In order to correctly establish a wired LAN (Local Area Network) network, you will need the following:
- Your TV must be internet-capable. If you are not sure about this, please check the specifications of your model in the manual, or on our support website. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- You will need a subscription with an internet provider.
- You need a modem/router and a LAN cable (Ethernet cable).
How to establish a wired LAN network
You need to connect one end of an Ethernet (LAN) cable to your router and the other end to your TV.
Note: The location of the LAN port varies according to the TV model, but in all models, it is located at the back of the TV.
Note: The following Google TV™ and some Android TV™ series released in 2020 don't have this setting. The Internet connection will be established automatically, and settings of the TV are not required.
- XBR-xxA8H, XBR-xxA9S, XBR-xxZ8H, XBR-xxX800H, XBR-xxX900H
If you already have a wired connection, but you don't have internet access, try to connect with the EASY setup:
- On the TV remote, press the HOME button
- Select Settings
- The following steps will depend on your TV menu options
- Select Network & Internet → Easy setup → Wired LAN.
- Select Network → Network setup → Easy → Wired LAN
The setting items (e.g. IP address, subnet mask, DHCP) may vary depending on the Internet Service Provider (ISP) or router. For details, refer to the instruction manuals provided by the ISP or those supplied with the router. You can also contact the person who set up the network (network administrator).
Is the problem resolved?