Software updates improve performance and provide new features.
Before you start
WARNING! Follow the update instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may interrupt the update process and may cause your TV to become unresponsive or require repair.
WARNING! Don't power off your TV or unplug it from the AC power outlet during the update process.
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start the firmware update.
- Make sure to use the supplied remote control.
Steps to update the software of your TV
The steps to update the software differ depending on the menu system on your TV. Follow the instructions according to your TV type.
- For Android TV™ models, detailed information is available on how to perform a firmware / software update on an Android TV.
- Other TV models, follow the instructions according to whether your TV is connected to the internet or not:
Troubleshoot errors when downloading a software update
Follow these steps if An error occurred during the software update or Software cannot be updated using this USB device appears on the TV screen:
- Verify that your USB device works, and then perform the download and update process again.
- Press the POWER button to turn the power On and Off.
- Repeat the installation process.
- If the message No newer version of the TV software was found appears on the TV, your TV already has the latest firmware installed.