IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Panel refresh automatically runs to adjust the uniformity of the OLED TV screen when you use it for long periods of time. A message appears on the screen to Refresh the TV Screen when you turn off your TV with the remote control.
You can also perform it manually when image retention is noticeable or you see the message Panel refresh did not finish….
Steps to run Panel refresh manually
WARNING! Don't perform Panel refresh more than once a year as it may affect the panel's useable life.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Expert panel settings → Panel Refresh.
- Select Display → Expert panel settings → Panel Refresh.
- Select Picture & Display → Expert panel settings → Panel Refresh.
- Due to the characteristics of the materials in Organic EL displays, pixels may degrade and unevenness may become apparent on the screen.
- This takes about one hour to complete.
- A white line may appear on the screen during the refresh, this isn't a malfunction of the TV.
- Panel refresh will only work when the room temperature is between 50ºF and 104ºF (10ºC and 40ºC).