How do I install apps on a Google TV or Android TV
You can only download apps compatible with your TV, which may differ from mobile device apps.
Find out which apps are supported
Google Play on the Android TV™ or Search for apps on the Google TV™ only display apps that are supported by the TV. To see if apps are or can be installed on the TV, refer to the following:
- For Android TV and Google TV: Which apps can be installed on my Android TV or Google TV?
- For other than Android TV: Checking all of the apps on the TV
How to install
Select your TV type:
- An Internet connection and Google™ Account are required to install apps.
- If you do not have a Google Account or want to create a shared account, create a new account by accessing the Google homepage. We recommend creating a Google Account on a computer or mobile device.
- About paid apps: There are free apps and paid apps. Purchasing a paid app requires a prepaid Google Play gift card code or credit card information. You can purchase a Google Play gift card from various retailers.