IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Image retention occurs due to the degradation of screen uniformity due to the continuous display of the same screen for a specific time. In terms of the appearance on the screen, image retention and non-uniformity are similar.
After using the TV, turn it off with the Power button on the remote and leave it off overnight (or for more than six hours). You should perform this operation every time you use the TV.
Note: Don't unplug the AC cord or cut off the power supply.
You can also reduce image retention and non-uniformity by performing the Panel Calibration as if the TV was turned off overnight:
- On the remote control, press the Quick Settings ( or ) button.
- Select Settings → System → Retail mode settings → Picture reset mode → On.
- Unplug the power cord while the TV is on, then plug it back in.
- Before running the Panel calibration, a dialog will appear on the screen. Start the Panel calibration from this dialog.
- If Picture reset mode is On and you disconnect and reconnect the power cord and then turn on the TV, it will go into standby for approximately 10 minutes to perform the Panel calibration. After it completes, the power will restart and display the TV screen.
- After this operation, set Picture reset mode back to Off.