IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Voice Search function helps you find the content you are looking for by listening to your vocalized (spoken) search words. To use the voice search function, an internet connection is necessary.
Operating systems: Android™ 11, Android 10, Android 9, Android 8.0, Android 7.0
When using an app, search results will be displayed on your TV screen. Below are examples of apps where the voice search function can be used:
- Google Play™ store
- Google Play™ Movies & TV
- YouTube™ app
- TV broadcast
Note: If the app you are using isn't supported by the voice search function, search results from YouTube content are displayed.
How does it work?
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the Microphone or Google Assistant button, depending on your TV model.
- Speak what you want to search for, such as a movie title, into the microphone at the top of the TV remote control.
Note: If your TV supports eARC and it's activated, the verbal response won't be available. Follow these steps to enable the verbal response feature:
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Display & Sound or Sound, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Audio output, and press the Enter button.
Note: If Audio output doesn't show, skip this step.
- Press the Down arrow button to select eARC mode, and press the Enter button.
- Press the Down arrow button to select Off, and press the Enter button.