To change the lamp assembly, remove the cover and insert a replacement lamp. If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps below, check your manual.
Before You Start
- Make sure that the unit has been turned off and unplugged for at least one hour
- Don't touch the glass surface of the lamp assembly.
- Replace the lamp with the projector on a flat stable surface.
Remove the Cover and Replace the Lamp
- Turn the projector upside-down so the bottom is visible.
- On the bottom of the projector, loosen the lamp assembly screw and remove the cover.
- The lamp assembly cover is the solid cover located nearest to the handle.
- Remove the two screws holding the lamp assembly in place.
- While keeping the projector horizontal, using the lamp handle, pull the assembly straight up.
- Insert the new lamp assembly until it is securely in place.
- Replace and tighten the lamp assembly screws.
- Replace the lamp assembly cover and tighten the screw.
- Turn the projector back to its normal operating position.
- Connect the power cord to set the projector into standby mode.
- The projector will not reset correctly if it's not set to standby mode.
- Don't turn on the projector before resetting the lamp hours.
- On the control panel, press RESET + LEFT ARROW + RIGHT ARROW + ENTER.
- The buttons must be pressed in the correct order and within five seconds each to properly reset the projector.