This article is designed to assist when the following error appears on the screen of the Sony® 4K TV or 4K projector after connecting the FMP-X10 4K media player.
Make sure of the following if the above error appears:
- Connecting the Sony 4K media player to a Sony 4K Ultra HD TV is recommended and supported. However, the FMP-X10 will work with other HDCP 2.2 compliant 4K Ultra HD Televisions .
- Make sure you are using a Sony 4K projector.
- Confirm compatibility of your Sony 4K Ultra HD TV with the 4K Ultra HD media player.
- Make sure that the appropriate HDMI® input on the 4K TV is being used.
- If using the XBR-xxX900A or the XBR-xxX850A model 4K Ultra HD TV, the 4K media player must be connected to the HDMI 4 input on the TV. This does not include the XBR-84X900A.
- For other BRAVIA® series or 4K projectors, connect to the 4K media player to the HDMI IN 2 input on the TV. This includes the XBR-84X900A.
- If you are connecting the 4K media player to a audio receiver or home theater system and then to the TV, make sure that the HDMI input on the audio device supports the HDCP2.2 protocol.
NOTE: Information regarding the HDCP2.2 and other HDMI standards is available at HDMI.org