IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvementsThis utility updates the firmware for the external VGP-UDRW1 USB DVD drive to version 1.V1 and provides the following benefits:
- Adds support for the gapless CD burning feature within the Windows Media® Player software
- Adds support for the external USB Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A optical drive
- Windows® 7
- 4.31 MB
Before You Start
- During the installation of this update, please note the following:
- Do not turn the computer off.
- Do not remove the external VGP-UDRW1 drive from the computer.
- Do not do operate the keyboard.
- Do not turn the computer off or cancel the update.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
- This firmware update is intended for the VGP-UDRW1 with the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A drive option.
How to Verify the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A Drive Option for the VGP-UDRW1
- Ensure the VGP-UDRW1 external USB drive is connected to your computer.
- Click the "Start" icon, click "All Programs", click "Accessories", click "System Tools", and then click "System Information".
- At the "System Information" screen, double-click "Components" to expand the category.
- At the expanded "Components" list, click "CD-ROM".
- At the right of the screen next to the "Name" item, verify the drive model listed is the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A.
Download & Install
Download and Installation Instructions
- Ensure the VGP-UDRW1 USB optical drive is connected to the computer.
- Download the EP0000601251.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the EP0000601251.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control", screen, click "Yes".
- At the "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A Firmware Update" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose "Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A" from the drop-down menu to confirm the version to be installed is 1.V1.
- Click "Update" to begin the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Optiarc DVD RW AD-7590A Firmware Update for VGP-UDRW1 USB DVD Drive is complete.