This information is for the following models:
NOTE： When using a USB DAC device, it will be necessary for the appropriate device driver to be installed in the computer.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
Hi-Res Audio Player is software that allows you to easily enjoy high-quality sound files. The software includes the following features:
- Easily Play high-res audio: When connected to a USB DAC device you can easily play hi-res audio, such as DSD files purchased from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function: You can create, save, and edit a playlist so you can play your favorite tunes the way you want.
- Play high-quality sound and more: Through the software settings you can play tunes with higher audio quality.
- Version 1.2.7
- 9.40MB(9,861,952 bytes)
Hi-Res Audio Player can be used in the following system environment:
- Operating System:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Processor 1.6GHz or higher
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- Screen resolution:1,024 x 768 pixels or higher
- One of the above operating systems should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- We cannot guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet all system requirements. Additionally, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
Download & Install
Step 1: Install the update
- Click [Download] button.
- Download notification screen is shown. Click [Save].
- [Save as] screen is shown to specify the destination. You can find the saved file easily when you select [Desktop] as destination.
- When “download was completed” screen is shown, click [Close].
- Double-click the installer file "Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.7.exe" saved in your computer. The installer file will be extracted.
- When [User Account Control] screen is shown, click [Yes] or [Continue].
- [Select the language for installation] screen is shown. If there is no problem in English, please simply click [Next].
- Click [Next] to start installation wizard.
- [License Agreement] screen is shown. After you confirm the text of the agreement, click [I accept the terms in the license agreement] when you accept the agreement, then click [Next] to start the installation.
- Installation is started. Wait for a while until installation will finish.
- Installation completed. Click [Finish] to exit installer.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
Click [Start] and select [All Programs] > [SONY] > [Hi-Res Audio Player] > [Hi-Res Audio Player]
Questions & Answers
- Cannot install Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Player is compatible with your operating system. Check the system requirements and install the Hi-Res Audio Player software on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player does not start. Or, Hi-Res Audio Player window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player may not be installed correctly. Uninstall Hi-Res Audio Player, and then install it again.
Uninstalling Hi-Res Audio Player
- To uninstall the application, use "Programs and Features" (for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10) in the Control Panel.
- Select "Hi-Res Audio Player" from the list and click "Uninstall”.
- Follow instructions shown on screen to uninstall.