IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- If connecting to an NFC-capable device via One-touch, refer to this answer on How to listen to music from an NFC-capable device .
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Be sure to place the Bluetooth® wireless devices within 1 meter (3 ft) of each other.
- Make sure that both devices have sufficient charge or power.
- Verify that the power of the unit is off. If the unit powers on when you connect it to a power source, press and hold the POWER button to turn the unit off.
- Turn on the connecting Bluetooth device and place it within 3 feet (1 meter) of this unit.
- Press and hold the ID SET button (for the speaker) or the /POWER button (for the headphones) for more than 7 seconds while the Bluetooth headphones are turned off.
When the indicator starts to blink quickly, release the button. The Bluetooth headphones enter Pairing mode.
- The button that must be held down to enter Pairing mode differs depending on the product you use, so check the instruction manual for your Bluetooth headphones.
- The pairing mode is canceled and this unit is turned off after about five minutes. If the pairing mode is canceled while performing this procedure, start over from step 1.
- When pairing for the first time, press and hold the /POWER button for about 2 seconds while the Bluetooth headphones are turned off.
- When the POWER (green or red) indicator and the COMMUNICATION STATUS (blue) indicator starts flashing together, release the ID SET button (for the speaker). The unit now enters the pairing mode.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the Bluetooth audio device to detect this unit.
- The list of detected devices appear on the display of the Bluetooth audio device.
- Some devices cannot display the list of detected devices.
- Depending on the device, Bluetooth connection may start automatically.
- Select the model number of this unit shown in the display of the Bluetooth audio device.
NOTE: If the model number of this unit does not display, start over from step 1.
- If passcode input is required on the display of the Bluetooth audio device, input 0000 (four zeros).
- The Passcode may also be referred to as Passkey, PIN code, PIN number or Password.
- If the unit requires a pass code, the passcode is fixed to 0000. This unit cannot be paired with a Bluetooth audio device whose passcode is not 0000.
- Depending on the connected Bluetooth device, a passcode may not be needed. Some Bluetooth devices connect automatically. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with your Bluetooth device for detailed information.
- Both the POWER (green) indicator and the COMMUNICATION STATUS (blue) indicator will light up steady indicating that pairing is complete and the pairing information is memorized on this unit.
- If you turn off this unit or the Bluetooth audio device before the Bluetooth connection is complete, pairing information is not memorized and pairing will not be completed.
- If you are unable to pair your devices, a different solution is available for troubleshooting .