Full Specifications and Features
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 2.21 inches × 3.90 inches × 0.44 inches (55.9 mm × 98.9 mm × 11.0 mm)
- Approx. 3.64 oz (103 g)
- Battery Life - Continuous Playback Music
- MP3 (128 kbps)/Ambient Sound Mode ON: 20 hours, MP3 (128 kbps)/Ambient Sound Mode OFF: 26 hours, AAC (256 kbps)/Ambient Sound Mode ON: 18 hours, AAC (256 kbps)/Ambient Sound Mode OFF: 24 hours, FLAC (192 kHz/24 bit)/Ambient Sound Mode ON: 12 hours, FLAC (192 kHz/24 bit)/Ambient Sound Mode OFF: 16 hours, DSD (2.8224 MHz/1 bit)/Ambient Sound Mode ON: 8 hours, DSD (2.8224 MHz/1 bit)/Ambient Sound Mode OFF: 11 hours, MP3 (128 kbps)/Noise Cancel ON: 21 hours, MP3 (128 kbps)/Noise Cancel OFF: 26 hours, AAC (256 kbps)/Noise Cancel ON: 19 hours, AAC (256 kbps)/Noise Cancel OFF: 24 hours, FLAC (192 kHz/24 bit)/Noise Cancel ON: 13 hours, FLAC (192 kHz/24 bit)/Noise Cancel OFF: 16 hours, DSD (2.8224 MHz/1 bit)/Noise Cancel ON: 9 hours, DSD (2.8224 MHz/1bit)/Noise Cancel OFF: 11 hours,
- Charging Time (full charge)
- Approx. 5.5 hrs
- Built-in battery
- Built-in Rechargeable lithium-ion Battery
- Charging and Power supply
- USB power (from a computer via a USB)
Playback & display
- Music Searching Methods
- All Songs, Artist, Release Year, Playlists, Album, Genre, Composer, Hi-Res, Recent Transfers, Folder, Cue sheet
- Music Play Mode
- Shuffle Playback, Repeat Off, Repeat 1 Song, Repart All, All Range, Selected Range
- Drag and Drop
- Display Resolution
- 3.6 inch (9.1 cm) (diag.), HD (1,280 × 720 Pixels)
- Display Type
- TFT color display with white LED-backlight
- Sound Effects
- Direct Source (Direct), 10-Band Equalizer, DSEE HX, DC Phase Linearizer, Dynamic Normalizer, ClearAudio+, Vinyl Processor
- Audio Playback
- MP3 ( .MP3): 32–320 kbps (Supports variable bitrate [VBR])/32, 44.1, 48 kHz, WMA (.WMA): 32–192 kbps (Supports variable bitrate (VBR))/44.1 kHz, FLAC (.flac): 16, 24 bit/8–384 kHz, WAV (.WAV): 16, 24, 32 bit (Float/Integer)/8–384 kHz, AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 16–320 kbps/8–48 kHz, HE-AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .3gp): 32–144 kbps/8–48 kHz, Apple Lossless ( .mp4, .m4a): 16, 24 bit/8–384 kHz, AIFF (.aif, .aiff, .afc, .aifc): 16, 24, 32 bit/8–384 kHz, DSD (.dsf, .dff): 1 bit/2.8224, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz *Audio that is converted to Linear PCM is output .APE (.ape): 8, 16, 24 bit/8–192 kHz (Fast, Normal, High), MQA (.mqa, .flac): Supported
Headphone Out (Stereo mini-jack)
- 20–40,000 Hz
- Maximum Power Output (JEITA 16Ω/mW)
- 35 mW + 35 mW
- Operating System
- Android 9.0
- Digital Noise Canceling
- Digital Noise Cancelation Select NC Environment: Full-auto AINC, Bus/Train, Airplane, Office
- USB DAC Mode
- Headphones: Stereo mini jack, External memory: Micro SD Micro SDHC Micro SDXC
- Wireless Capabilities
- Communication system: Bluetooth® Specification Version 5.0, NFC: Yes, Supported Bluetooth® profiles: Yes, Supported Codecs (Transmission): Yes, Supported Codecs (Reception): No
Colors in harmony
The new h.ear range comes in colors to suit your lifestyle perfectly. The tones work with a spectrum of hues and different colors. Try them with your favorite outfit and it all just works in effortless harmony.
A statement in style, a celebration of sound.
Supported by Android™, and featuring direct download and streaming via Wi-Fi, the eye-catching NW-A100 series is all about enjoying your music, your way.
High-Resolution Audio Compatible
Enjoy the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
High-Resolution Audio wireless
Enjoy High-Resolution Audio quality music thanks to LDAC, our premium wireless codec. With 3x the bitrate of standard BLUETOOTH® technology, you can enjoy a superior listening experience for all your music.
S-Master HX™ delivers High-Resolution Audio in maximum quality
Enjoy all the subtleties in your music with the S-Master HX™ digital amplifier, which delivers High-Resolution Audio in maximum quality, with reduced distortion and noise.
Audio upscaling is improved even further by our DSEE Ultimate™ processor, which intelligently recognizes instruments, voices and musical genres. By identifying these, and the relative energy of the audio, it can accurately rebuild audio lost during digital compression, for a full-fidelity experience, even with compressed formats. The DSEE Ultimate™ reproduces the frequency responses and the dynamic range of the original sound source accurately using AI technology.
Experience the natural sound and intense detail of DSD audio formats up to 11.2 MHz, thanks to the NW-A100 series' high-quality PCM conversion.
NFC™ One-touch and Bluetooth® for instant connectivity
Near Field Communication (NFC) and Bluetooth wireless technology make connecting to your music fast and easy. Just touch your NFC-enabled device to your A100 series for a quick, seamless connection, then start streaming. No NFC? No problem. Connect via Bluetooth and you're ready to go. LDAC™ and aptX™ HD audio compatibility is available.
Rigid aluminum milled frame for improved sound quality
The premium aluminum milled frame provides superior rigidity for low impedance and clear, stable sound and solid bass.
High-quality film capacitors are used in the amplification stage to help the NW-A100 series realize transparent, expansive highs and natural sound.
Fine Sound Resistor
The surface-mounted Fine Sound Resistor ensures even, effective distribution of power to the circuit components for consistent sound quality.
Optimized circuit board layout
By dividing the Audio block (highlighted in red) and the Power/Digital block (in blue), the circuit board layout has been optimized to ensure sound quality is unaffected by digital noise.
Advanced solder containing gold for clearer sound
The exceptional conductivity of gold ensures absolute minimum signal loss. For clearer sound and vocals, a premium, audio-grade lead-free solder with a small amount of gold connects the circuit of the NW-A100 series to the battery.
Supported by Android™
The NW-A100 series is supported by Android™, giving you easy access to a huge range of media apps and music services.
Wi-Fi compatible for direct download and streaming
Supported by Android™ and compatible with Wi-Fi, the NW-A100 series offers you even more ways to listen to your music. Enjoy your favorite streaming and music apps right on your Walkman or connect to a PC to access your music collection.
Cassette Tape UI
As a playful nod to the iconic TPS-L2, the original Walkman® from 1979, the NW-A100 series features a special Cassette Tape user interface and screensaver. The cassette tape visual that appears on your Walkman® display varies depending on the codec of the music you're listening to.
USB Type-C™ port
The NW-A100 series features a USB Type-C™ port for easy connectivity with a range of devices.
Store even more music with the microSD card slot
Expand the already large memory of your NW-A100 series with a microSD card—pop one in the slot to enjoy endless playlists and even the biggest music collections on the go.
Up to 26 hours’ battery life
When fully charged you can enjoy up to 26 hours of music playback when playing MP3s at 128kbps. Perfect for the daily commute or just being out and about.
Give the warmth and character of vinyl back to your digital tracks and get lost again in the richness of the melodies and dynamics of your favorite albums. Enjoy subtle reproduction of the low-frequency resonance, tone-arm resistance and surface noise to deliver an authentic listening experience.
MQA™ files played and decoded
The NW-A100 series can play and decode MQA™ files, so you can play even more lossless-quality music.