Full Specifications and Features
- Speaker Type
- 2.1 ch
- Sound Modes
- ClearAudio+, DSEE
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 16.93 x 5.24 x 4.92 in
- 10.14 lb
- Supported Codecs
- SBC, AAC, aptX
- Input and Output Terminals
- Ethernet, Stereo mini-jack input, USB x 2
- Battery Life
- Sorry, this data is not available
- Internal Rechargeable Battery
- AC power
- Remote Control
- Power Consumption
- 50 W
Eco and energy saving
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode)
- 0.2 W
- Power Consumption (Networked Standby Mode) – Terminals
- 2.8 W (Ethernet) / 2.8 W (Bluetooth) / 2.8 W (Wi-Fi) / 2.8 W* (all terminals and networks connected) * Wired connections automatically deactivate wireless connections.
- Standby Mode Activated
- After 15 minutes
- Networked Standby Mode Activated – Terminals
- After 15 minutes (Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi®)
- Wireless Network(s) On/Off Switch
- To turn off the wireless function, with the speaker turned on, press and hold both the NETWORK and WPS buttons. To turn on the wireless function, do the same thing.
- Bluetooth®, One Touch Functions (NFC), Wi-Fi®®
What's In The Box
- AC power cord
- Remote control
- AAA batteries (for remote control)
- Reference guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
- Cleaning cloth
- Speaker grille detach tool
High Resolution Audio
From source to speaker, Sony has brought together an array of technologies for the ultimate audio experience. For High-Resolution Audio files, the digital amp and specialized tweeters reproduce every subtlety, so you hear each note as the artist intended. For MP3s, digital processing software upscales compressed music to restore lost detail.
By mounting super tweeters onto the front and top of the speaker, Sony has created a large soundstage that maintains its quality across the entire area. It perfectly complements the wide frequency ranger in your High-Resolution Audio, regardless of speaker position.
45Hz to 40 kHz frequency range
With seven speaker units, the SRS-X9 is ready for anything. The ultrawide frequency range—spanning 45 Hz to 40 kHz—is designed to meet the demands of today’s bass-heavy music. The low end of this frequency range gives you every powerful sub-bass note, while the 40 kHz high end lets you enjoy vocal melodies in outstanding, High-Resolution Audio clarity.
One-touch listening to play instant music
NFC (Near Field Communication) technology removes the need for wired connections and complex setup sequences. Simply touch your NFC-enabled smartphone or other device* to the on-body N-mark and start your music. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually in Bluetooth® settings. *See compatible devices
S-Master HX Digital Amp
The built-in S-Master HX Digital Amplifier bring out the best in your High-Resolution Audio. It does this by reducing the noise usually heard in the high-frequency range, so you can enjoy clear, sharp sound.
DSEE HX technology
DSEE HX (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) technology upgrades the quality of your compressed music files. When an original music source is compressed, you lose the high-frequency elements in the music. DSEE HX restores this to produce high-quality sound that’s closer to the original CD recording.
The science of better sound
Magnetic fluid speakers deliver top-quality sound and exceptionally clear dialogue, while also saving space and energy.
In addition to MP3 and AAC formats, the SRS-X9 also supports a range of High-Resolution Audio file types. These include: FLAC, WMA ,and LPCM (WAV, AIFF).
There’s music in the air
Wi-Fi® audio streaming lets you enjoy your favorite iTunes® content with devices that support AirPlay, and you can access music files on your DLNA-compatible PC or Home Media Server.
Definitive Outline design
Smooth surfaces and clean lines make this sleek beauty blend into the background yet draw attention for its minimalist refinement. The accented perimeter is a signature of Definitive Outline.