Full Specifications & Features
Full Specifications & Features
- Lens Mount
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- 35mm full frame (35.6 x 23.8mm), Exmor CMOS sensor
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Approx.12.4 MP
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio
- Anti-Dust System
- Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Approx.12.2 MP
- Sensor Type
- 35 mm
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format (Still images)
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Image Size (pixels), 3:2
- 35mm full frame L: 4240 x 2832 (12M), M: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), S: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), M: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), S: 1376 x 920 (1.3M)
- Image Size (pixels), 16:9
- 35mm full frame L: 4240 x 2384 (10M), M: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), S: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), M: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), S: 1376 x 776 (1.1M)
- Image Size (pixels), Sweep Panorama
- Wide: Horizontal 12416 x 1856 (23M), vertical 5536 x 2160 (12M), Standard: Horizontal 8192 x 1856 (15M), vertical 3872 x 2160 (8.4M)
- Image Quality Modes
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- RAW Output
- 14 bit
- Uncompressed RAW
- Picture Effect
- 13 modes: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Creative Style
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1-6 also provided)
- Dynamic Range Functions
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range: Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Colour Space
- sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color
- Recording Format (Movie)
- XAVC S / AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Video Compression
- XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio Recording Format
- AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3), 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch, XAVC S: LPCM, 2ch
- Image Size (pixels), PAL*
- AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28Mbps/PS, 60i/24Mbps/FX, 60i/17Mbps/FH, 24p/24Mbps/FX, 24p/17Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (60p/28Mbps, 30p/16Mbps), 1280 x 720 (30p/6Mbps), XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (30p/100Mbps, 30p/60Mbps, 24p/100Mbps, 24p/60Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (60p/50Mbps, 30p/50Mbps, 24p/50Mbps, 120p/100Mbps, 120p/60Mbps)
- Image Size (pixels), PAL
- AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps/PS, 50i/24Mbps/FX, 50i/17Mbps/FH,25p/24Mbps/FX, 25p/17Mbps/FH), MP4: 1920 x 1080 (50p/28Mbps, 25p/16Mbps), 1280 x 720 (25p/6Mbps), XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160 (25p/100Mbps, 25p/60Mbps), XAVC S HD: 1920 x 1080 (50p/50Mbps, 25p/50Mbps, 100p/100Mbps, 100p/60Mbps)
- High Frame Rate Recording
- NTSC: 1920 x 1080 (24p/12Mbps, 30p/16Mbps), PAL: 1920 x 1080 (25p/16Mbps)
- Picture Profile
- Yes (Off / PP1-PP9) Parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode (Movie, Still, Cinema, Pro, ITU709 Matrix, White&Black, S-Gamut, S-Gamut3.Cine, S-Gamut3), Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset
- Movie Functions
- Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info. Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Picture Profile, Creative Style, Picture Effect, Rec Control, Dual Video Rec, Marker Setting, PAL/NTSC Selector,Gamma Display Assist
- Colour Space
- xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS™ Color
Clean HDMI Output
- Clean HDMI output
- NTSC: 3840 x 2160 (30p/24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60p/24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60i),YCbCr 4:2:2 8bit/ RGB 8bit, PAL: 3840 x 2160 (25p) / 1920 x 1080 (50p) / 1920 x 1080 (50i),YCbCr 4:2:2 8bit/ RGB 8bit
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,Memory Stick Micro (M2),SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant), microSD memory card, microSDHC memory card, microSDXC memory card
- Storage Media Slot
- Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo/ SD memory card
- Noise Reduction
- Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Multi Frame NR
- Auto/ISO 100 to 409600
- White Balance Modes
- Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 57 steps, A7 to B7: 29 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- AWB Micro Adjustment
- G7 to M7 (57 steps), A7 to B7 (29 steps)
- 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Focus Type
- Contrast-detection AF
- Focus Point
- 169 points (contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Sensitivity Range
- EV -4 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- AF Mode
- Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area
- Wide (169 points for contrast-detection AF) / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Zone / Expand Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot)
- Other Features
- Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Focus lock; Eye-Start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.30-3m), AF ON
- Metering Type
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensor
- Exmor CMOS sensor
- Metering Sensitivity
- EV -3 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Mode
- Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Exposure Modes
- AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie / High Frame Rate (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) )
- Scene Selection
- Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- Exposure Compensation
- +/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments.
- AE Lock
- Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.
- ISO Sensitivity
- Still images: ISO 100-102400 (expandable to ISO 50-409600), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-102400 equivalent (expandable to ISO 100-409600 equivalent), AUTO (ISO 100-12800 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Viewfinder Type
- XGA OLED, 1.3cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (colour)
- Number of Dots
- 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control (Viewfinder)
- Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Color Temperature Control
- Manual (5 steps)
- Field Coverage
- Approx. 0.78x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m
style name="sup" -1 /style )
- Dioptre Adjustment
- -4.0 to +3.0m
style name="sup" -1 /style
- Eye Point
- Approx. 23mm from the eyepiece lens, 18.5mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m
style name="sup" -1 /style (CIPA standard)
- Viewfinder Display
- Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display
- Monitor Type
- 7.5cm (3.0 type) TFT drive
- Total Number of Dots
- 1,228,800 dots
- Brightness Control (LCD)
- Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle
- Up approx. 107 degrees, down approx. 41 degrees
- Display Selecter (Finder/LCD)
- LCD Display
- Display Graphic Display / Display All Info. / No Disp. Info. / Histogram / Digital Level Gauge / Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- Real-time Image Adjustment Display (LCD)
- Focus Magnifier
- 35mm full frame: 4.2x, 8.3x, APS-C: 2.7x, 5.4x
- Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting)
- Peaking MF
- Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)
- Face Detection
- On / On (Regist. Faces) / Off, Face registration, Face selection (Max. number of detectable faces: 8)
- Auto Object Framing
- Clear Image Zoom
- Still / Movie: Approx. 2x
- Smart zoom (Still Image)
- M: Approx. 1.5x, S: Approx. 2.0x
- Digital zoom (Still Image)
- Approx. 4x
- Digital zoom (Movie)
- Approx. 4x
- PlayMemories Camera Apps™
- Lens Compensation
- Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- Zoom Ring Rotate
- Image Processor
- BIONZ X™
- Shutter Type
- Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Shutter Speed
- Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step) NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode) PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)
- Flash Sync. Speed
- 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Shutter Curtain
- Yes, On/Off
- Silent Shooting
- Yes, On/Off
- Image Sensor-Shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (Compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Compensation Effect
- 4.5 stops (Based on CIPA standard. Pitch/Yaw shake only. With Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off)
- Flash Control
- Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation
- +/-3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Compensation
- 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Modes
- Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync , Wireless
- External Flash Compatibility
- Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe. Attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe.
- FE Level Lock
- Drive Modes
- Single shooting, Continuous shooting,Speed Priority Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- 10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/10 sec. delay)
- Speed (approx. max.)
- Speed Priority Continuous shooting: Max. 5fps, Continuous shooting: Max. 2.5fps
- No. of recordable frames (approx.)
- Speed Priority Continuous shooting: 64 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Standard L), 31 frames (RAW), 26 frames (RAW & JPEG), XX frames (RAW(uncompressed)), XX frames (RAW(uncompressed) & JPEG), Continuous shooting: 100 frames (JPEG Extra Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Fine L), 200 frames (JPEG Standard L), 59 frames (RAW), 34 frames (RAW & JPEG), XX frames (RAW(uncompressed)), XX frames (RAW(uncompressed) & JPEG)
- Playback Modes
- Single (with or without shooting information, Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (Maximum magnification L: 13.3x, M: 8.7x, S: 6.7x), Auto Review (10/5/2 sec, off), Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still / Date / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S HD / XAVC S 4K), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect
- PC Interface
- Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- Multi / Micro USB Terminal
- Wireless LAN (Built-In)
- Playback of still images and movies on smartphones, PCs and TVs, Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band)
- Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HD Output
- HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu), PhotoTV HD, 4K movie output, 4K still image playback
- Multi Interface Shoe
- Auto-lock Accessory Shoe compatible with supplied shoe adaptor, Microphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector
- Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K2M (sold separately)
- Built-in, monaural
- Compatible Standards
- Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Custom Function Type
- Custom key settings, Programmable setting
- Memory Function
- Yes (2 sets)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Movies)
- Actual : Approx. 55 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 60 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard); Continuous : Approx. 95 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 100 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- External Power
- AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (optional)
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 310 shots (viewfinder) / Approx. 370 shots (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
Size & Weight
- Weight (with battery and memory card included)
- 584 g (Body Only) / 627g (With battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 126.9 x 95.7 x 60.3 mm
- Operating Temperature
- 32°-104°F / 0-40°C
- Wireless & Network Capabilities
- NFC One-touch functionality
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50
- Cable Protector
- AC Adaptor AC-UUD11
- Battery Charger BC-VW1
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
Extreme sensitivity, wide dynamic range
With sensitivity settings that can extend up to ISO 409600 plus extra-wide dynamic range, the α7S II can record images in spectacular and subtle detail, from shadows to highlights, under virtually any lighting conditions. The remarkable clarity and lack of noise in stills and movies that you shoot help to realise results that you've been aiming for.
Exmor™ CMOS for extra sensor perception
Capture stills and movies of richer, more natural gradation. The 35mm full-frame 12.2-megapixel image sensor achieves wide dynamic range with very low noise throughout a vast ISO 50-4096001 sensitivity span. Large pixels, gapless on-chip lens structure and other light capture advances allow use of extra-high shutter speeds for low-light shooting.
Smart, speedy BIONZ X™ image processing engine
The newly refined image processing algorithm of the BIONZ X optimises image sensor performance for superior depiction of details in stills and movies throughout all sensitivity ranges. This image processing engine realises image quality of such fine nuance and minimal noise particularly at the mid- to high-sensitivity setting.
Internal 4K movie recording and XAVC S format
The α7S II can record 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) movies internally in full-frame format. Full pixel readout without pixel binning produces 4K movies with less moiré and jaggies. Support for XAVC S format enables 4K recording at maximum of 100Mbps, for highly detailed footage with less impact from compression noise. * Internal recording and HDMI output, both at 4K resolution, are available in full-frame format.
S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3
With these new profiles, dynamic range can be widened up to 1300% for smoother gradations, and colour grading, correction and handling is easy. S-Log3 gamma tonal reproduction is better from shadow to mid-tone (18% grey). The camera’s 14-stop latitude in S-Log3 setting is impressive. S-Gamut3.Cine reproduces the wide colour gamut of DCI-P3 colour space. S-Gamut3 reproduces almost all actual colours suitable for archiving.
Movie functions improve professional workflow
With new functions such as 120fps Full HD recording, 4x/5x slow motion recording and Gamma Display Assist joining enhanced Zebra function, time code/user bit editing and other moviemaking capabilities in its feature set, the α7S II solidly supports professional workflow, giving you greater latitude to produce more moving visions than ever before.
5-axis optical image stabilisation
Equivalent to using a 4.5-stop faster shutter speed, this system is effective at compensating for five types of camera shake. The camera integrates extraordinary image stabilisation and sensitivity to light to let you use a greater range of shutter speed/ISO/aperture settings to express what you aim to capture in handheld stills or movies.
Fast Intelligent AF for levels as low as EV -4
With 169 AF points (25 contrast-detection points, plus nine central AF points each divided into 16 segments, for a total of 25+(9x16)), this speedy, accurate system ensures subject detection accuracy when shooting stills even under low-visibility conditions with lighting as low as EV -4. Moreover, AF speed for shooting Full HD movies is twice as fast as in the α7S.
0.78x magnification XGA OLED Tru-Finder™
With the world’s highest magnification and ZEISS® T* Coating, this electronic viewfinder delivers stunning clarity and contrast with minimal reflection and instantly shows how exposure compensation, white balance and other settings affect images. You can also use Gamma Display Assist and Zebra functions while shooting movies using the viewfinder.
Supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format
New compatibility with 14-bit uncompressed RAW format lets you choose the optimal format for your needs. The camera thereby ensures supreme quality of tonal gradation to maximise the benefit of the image sensor's wide dynamic range.
Silent Shooting mode lets you mute shutter sound whenever noiseless operation is required, such as when shooting wildlife or concert photos. This function can be used with 5fps continuous shooting, so you needn't miss a crucial moment, and can be assigned to a customisable button, so it can be turned On and Off more intuitively.
Wi-Fi / NFC™ simplifies sharing
With Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) built into the α7S II, you can instantly transfer a photo or MP4 movie to your NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet simply by touching it with the camera, then easily upload the photo or movie to your favourite SNS (social networking site).
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
120fps Full HD and 4x/5x slow motion recording
Featuring full pixel readout without pixel binning, 120fps (100fps) capability and ultra-high sensitivity, the α7S II shoots low-noise, high-frame-rate Full HD movies like no other camera. 120fps (100fps) capability also allows internal recording of 4x/5x slow motion movies with frame rate set at 30p (25p) or 24p.
New Gamma Display Assist function
This new function lets you view images with natural contrast while recording in S-Log gamma setting, converting S-Log2 and S-Log3 into ITU709 (800%) gamma for monitoring images or checking focus while enlarging an image, on the LCD screen or viewfinder
Enhanced Zebra function
This function makes it easier to monitor exposure, especially when shooting in S-Log gamma setting. Select a video signal level target from 0 to 109, apply a range to it, then the zebra pattern indicates image areas reaching that level or range. The new wider video signal level selection and ability to assign a range simplify exposure adjustment.
It's very useful to tailor the look of your movies even before shooting them by adjusting image characteristics via Picture Profile settings for gradation, colour adjustment and detail. Save and recall up to nine profiles (PP1-PP9) of adjusted parameters with other settings, including new ones for S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3.
Clean HDMI output
This function supports 4K and Full HD and allows uncompressed movie output to an external recorder or monitor. The image can also be recorded in the camera even while signals are output using this function. The included cable protector guards jacks and prevents cables from disengaging accidentally, so you can shoot with greater assurance.
Tough magnesium alloy body
Designed for solid reliability and steady handling, the α7S II's compact body is built to withstand the rigours of shooting in the field, thanks to an internal structure and top, front, and rear covers all made of strong, rigid magnesium alloy.
500,000-cycle shutter durability
The camera's shutter passes the test of high durability and endurance through 500,000 cycles, as a shutter braking mechanism reduces mechanical front/rear curtain vibration by about 50% , minimising camera shake, image blur and shutter sound. Use of the electronic front curtain cuts vibration even more.
Meticulously crafted controls
Controls are smoothly crafted for you to operate intuitively and adjust immediately even as you look through the viewfinder. The front and rear dials have been particularly refined and positioned for easier, more efficient handling and turning. Also, a new mode dial locking mechanism prevents inadvertent changes of shooting mode at all times.
ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed
Prevent blur in a shot of a moving subject by setting a shutter speed at which ISO sensitivity starts changing when ISO AUTO (while in P or A mode, or in Multi Frame NR) is selected.
More precise white balance adjustment
The α7S II offers more white balance adjustment steps (twice as many on the amber-blue axis; four times as many on the green-magenta axis) than the α7S, so you can finely tune white balance with more subtle precision for more natural colours.
Always keep the eye in focus
Significantly accurate Eye AF (available with AF-C) provides consistently useful autofocusing on the eye of a subject, even if the subject is in motion. This reliable tool is extremely effective in assuring more successful focused portraiture with fewer photo fails.
Expand Flexible Spot
Expand Flexible Spot has been added to AF Area selection. If the selected AF point is not positioned on your subject, the α7S II automatically uses AF points surrounding the selected point to support precise focus.
Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses
5-axis image stabilisation lets you enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favourite mountable lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7S II extends compatibility with a range of lenses.
This function that boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed, for example, can be assigned to a customisable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
Focus Magnifier & Peaking function
You can clearly magnify the image to simplify manual fine-tuning of the focus whether shooting still images or movies. The Peaking function can also be activated to colourise the most sharply focused areas of your image for quick confirmation.
Power supply via USB
The α7S II can be powered via USB connection to a PC or mobile battery. This conserves the camera’s battery, allowing you extended operation without worrying that the battery will run out. When the camera is turned off, the same USB connection can be used to charge the battery.
Creative Style settings bring out the character of your scene. Simply select any of 13 settings (Vivid, Portrait, etc.) and the camera will adjust image parameters. You can also fine-tune contrast, saturation and sharpness to suit your preference.
Picture Effect (13 modes)
Convert everyday scenes into works of art by applying innovative Picture Effect modes that adjust camera parameters and apply advanced image processing with real-time previews for most effects. You can choose from 13 modes, including Toy Camera, Posterization, HDR Painting, Miniature, Watercolor and Illustration.
PlayMemories Camera Apps™ add personal touches
Sony's application download service lets you add new functions and capabilities to your camera. There are apps for photo and movie effects to enhance and express your creativity, and others to allow your smartphone to function as a camera's remote control, for example. Note: Services availability depends on region.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
Imaging Edge™ Remote, Viewer, and Edit
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Remote" to control and monitor shooting live on your PC screen; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.