The press releases on this website are provided for historical reference purposes only.
Please note that certain information may have changed since the date of release.
April 24, 2007
Tokyo, Japan- At its Board of Directors Meeting held on April 23, 2007, Sony Corporation decided candidates for the positions of Member of the Board. The selections are subject to the approval of the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on June 21, 2007.
Members of the Board (*Independent Director)
The candidates for Board Members are as follows. One new Board Member has been selected (**).
- Howard Stringer
- Ryoji Chubachi
- Katsumi Ihara
- Akishige Okada*
- Advisor, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Hirobumi Kawano*
- Senior Vice President, JFE Steel Corporation
- Yotaro Kobayashi*
- Chief Corporate Advisor, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.
- Sakie T. Fukushima*
- Representative Director & Regional Managing Director-Japan,
Member, Board of Directors, Korn/Ferry International, U.S.A
- Yoshihiko Miyauchi*
- Director, Representative Executive Officer,
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer,
- Yoshiaki Yamauchi*
- Director, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.
- Peter Bonfield*
- Member of the Board, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Fueo Sumita*
- Chief of Sumita Accounting Office
- Fujio Cho*
- Chairman, Toyota Motor Corporation
- Ned Lautenbach*
- Operating Partner, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Inc.
- Ryuji Yasuda*(**)
- Professor, Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy, Hitotsubashi University